CONTEXT AND GOALS
This case study is based on a company working in the field of tourism. This sector is known to be highly competitive online. The company’s purpose is to promote tourism in the Quebec region. Among other things, it offers itineraries throughout the Quebec region. In April 2017, for the summer period, they hired My Little Big Web to launch several Facebook advertising campaigns. The main goals were not only to increase the number of visits to the website but also to convert as many visitors as possible. Conversions included:
- Newsletter subscriptions,
- Consulting a partner or region page,
- Ordering or downloading guides,
- Clicking on contact details.
With these two goals in mind, the little big team of experts implemented a strategy to achieve them.
A campaign focused on acquiring “likes”
- Launched a Facebook advertising campaign to gain more “likes” on the site page to grow the number of subscribers in the community and increase the visibility of posts and future ads.
Two conversion-focused campaigns
- Launched a campaign based on the search for a targeted audience: Facebook advertising experts chose targeted audiences with potential interest in the services offered by the website in question.
- Launched a retargeting campaign: users who have already visited our customer’s website were retargeted for Facebook ads. These advertisements were prepared in advance and the results were collected by tracing the code embedded on each advertisement.
With a total budget of $11,500 spent on 6 months of campaigns, the results were beyond positive! The ads were viewed over a million five hundred thousand times and the engagement rate was 4.39% (keeping in mind that a rate of between 0.5 and 1% is considered good).
A successful “like” campaign
In the span of 6 campaign months, our client’s Facebook page garnered over 3600 “likes”, close to triple the number of initial subscribers. The page has grown its community, giving more visibility to the website and other Facebook advertising campaigns we launched.
More than 10,000 conversions recorded following other campaigns!
Thanks to the two conversion-focused Facebook campaigns, the website recorded 10,295 conversions (all previously reported types of conversions together) from April to October 2017. The average cost per click was $0,52 which is a very good result given that the average CPC of all industries is $1.72. In addition, the advertisements launched on Facebook represented the 3rd best source of traffic on the website!
Of the two campaigns focused on conversions, the retargeting campaign was the most successful. In fact, it generated more than 3,150 conversions alone.
NOW IS THE TIME TO INVEST IN FACEBOOK ADVERTISEMENTS
Facebook ads involve a fixed budget but campaigns are flexible and adjustable to all types of budgets and businesses. They also have the advantage of being much cheaper than traditional advertisements. Finally, as demonstrated by this case study, Facebook ads have the ability to generate more visibility and conversions. However, you must know how to establish a relevant strategy based on your goals. So, when do you start? Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need advice!